Research has shown that distracted driving can be as dangerous as driving under the influence. Nonetheless, nearly every driver has been guilty of some form of distracted driving at some point. In fact, you are likely to pass at least one distracted driver every time you get in the car.
Law enforcement officials and lawmakers are trying to crack down on distracted driving. So, you may be left wondering how to avoid getting a ticket. The simple answer is, of course, to focus on the road while you drive. That way you can avoid the need for traffic ticket lawyers. Here are a few guidelines for avoiding a ticket:
- Leave the Cell Phone Away: Many states are implementing stricter laws about cell phone use while driving. Try to avoid using your phone while operating the vehicle except in emergencies. If you need to make a call, use a hands-free setup.
- Don’t Eat While Driving:Everyone gets hungry in the car sometimes. However, it is best to pull over for a few minutes to enjoy a snack rather than trying to eat while driving.
- Get Organized Before Driving:If you need to use your GPS or queue up your favorite music, do so before starting your trip. Getting organized in advance means you can focus your attention on the road.
- Limit Activity in the Car: Ask your passengers to limit their activity while you drive. This is an especially common issue for young drivers. While it is okay to talk and do other activities, it is best to keep everything relatively subdued while driving.
- Pull Over for Urgent Issues: When you have an urgent issue requiring your attention, simply pull over. It is better to stay a quick break than to risk unsafe driving.
These guidelines should help you avoid getting a ticket. However, if you find yourself on the receiving end of one, you can always fight. Try contacting the most experienced traffic ticket lawyer San Bernardino has for help.